#1 Bestseller in Couples & Family Therapy!
Frustrated in Your Relationship? This Book Will Give You Hope!
How do you feel about your relationship? How’s your intimate life, emotionally, sexually, or otherwise? Are you feeling stuck? Hurt? Angry?
You’re not alone–and you’re not crazy! And there’s hope–you can feel better.
Written in a relatable and sometimes irreverent style, It’s Not About Communication! will help you understand the problems you’re having–and help you get on the path to solving them. Whether you’re in couples therapy, thinking about it, or want to solve your problems on your own, this book will give you hope, calm you down, and point you in the right direction.
Why You Should Read It’s Not About Communication!
You don’t have to feel stuck!
- Why practicing communication rules and techniques is wasting your time
- How a simple seven-word formula can guide you toward healing, growth, and passionate connection
- Why a mindset of faith—not necessarily religious—is the key to feeling better, getting unstuck, and finding hope
- How to decide if your couples therapy is helping—and what to do if it isn’t
- Why ideas open possibilities, and ideologies shut down possibilities—and why that’s important for couples therapy
- Why your couples therapist’s advice is probably useless—and what you really need from your therapist
- Why couples therapy is a lot like improv theater
Whether you’re looking to improve your own relationship, or helping others improve theirs, It’s Not About Communication! will guide and inspire you. Get your copy in paperback, eBook, or audiobook format today!
Create a Relationship That Lasts
Dr. Bruce Chalmer’s Reigniting the Spark shows couples how to build a lasting relationship full of passion and fulfillment. Dr. Chalmer combines his expertise in research with thirty years of experience as a couples therapist to show how you can restore intimacy and overcome relationship problems to create and maintain a lively, loving, lasting relationship.
He offers a unique perspective on the role of faith—not necessarily religious—in relationships. Whatever your faith background, religious or secular, Dr. Chalmer’s approach to faith as a key to unlocking intimacy will inform and inspire you.
This book explores the most common issues that sap the happiness out of a relationship and shows you what to do to turn it around. Written in a relatable and easy-to-understand style, Reigniting the Spark will help you better understand yourself and your partner so you can both be more satisfied. Whether you’re reading alone or with a partner, Reigniting the Spark will teach you:
- How to build and restore intimacy, trust, and a deep connection in your relationship
- How to identify triggering issues like trauma that could be sapping the joy out of your relationship, and what to do about it
- A list of bad reasons people get married—and one good one
- How to go from plain old sex, to good sex, to sacred sex
- How to be your best self when your partner has been unfaithful
- How to know when to break up, and when to work through the inevitable growing pains in your relationship
Reigniting the Spark is for any couple who’s ready to create a stronger, more fulfilling relationship.
Seven Words to Jump-Start Your Love Life: What You Need to Know About Relationships, in One Sentence
What happened to your love life?
Remember when you used to have a passionate, sexy relationship? How can you get it back?
In this short, easy-to-read book, Dr. Chalmer helps you understand what happened, and shows you how to begin the work of healing. A simple, seven-word sentence, encompassing three basic principles, will tell you what you need to do.
You still have to do the work! But this book will start you on your journey and guide you along the way.
My Husband Complains About My Cleaning! What Do I Do?
Is your husband (or boyfriend or fiancé) driving you nuts with his complaints about your cleaning?
Hundreds of people have found their way to a blog post on Dr. Chalmer’s website by searching for some variation on that theme. And they’re obviously not looking for cleaning tips. This is about relationship.
Dr. Chalmer offers a short, sassy, unvarnished view of just what is going on. This book shows you:
- What’s the real problem? (Hint: It’s not your cleaning.)
- What are you actually telling each other? (Hint: It’s a lot more than you probably realize.)
- What are you missing in your relationship, and how do you get it?
- How can you get your reluctant guy to try couples therapy?
There’s even a special chapter just for your husband.
Whether you read it yourself, with your partner, or as part of couples therapy, this book will set you on a path to healing.